The largest Carol Singing Competition in Kerala with the highest prize money.
The Kuttukaran Group, one among the largest multi-brand vehicle retailers in India, organizes this prestigious event every year, to mark the grand festivity of Christmas and New Year. A splendid offline stage show for 13 years, the event switched to the online mode for the first time last year, following the Covid-19 pandemic. This literally offered a global stage so to say for the event, where teams from any part of the globe could contest and win.
Our first ever online carol competition created waves among the global audience of carol lovers. Meticulously planned and executed, the event received immense sponsorship support from leading Corporates such as Axalta, Airtel, Aarvy Engineering, Servo Lubricants, Asian Paints, Good Year and Speed-a-way, which enabled us to offer the prize money worth INR 3 lakhs, the highest for a competition of its kind. 39 Carol Videos from both within and outside India were shortlisted by the preliminary Jury from the hundreds of entries received, thanks to the strong influencer support rendered by 57 celebrity artists. The final Jury comprised some of the leading names in the playback music industry. The social media reach for RTB 2020 clocked 8,45,000 hits collectively in the Youtube, Facebook and Instagram digital channels.
The Competition – RTB 2021
- RTB offers each contesting team the unique online platform to sing, perform, record and showcase their carol singing skills before the entire world.
- All that needs to be done is to upload the link of the carol video in the RTB Registration Form in its due procedure.
- A panel of eminent jury members, well-established in the music industry, shall evaluate each video based on set criteria.
- In the first round, top 100 videos will be shortlisted and they will be informed by email / whatsapp about the further rounds.
- Emerging Final Winners not only win handsome cash prizes and certificates offered by the Kuttukaran Group, but also become celebrities in their own right, as their videos find a proud place in the RTB website and all associated social media channels.
- Prizes are also given for videos gaining the maximum social media engagements.
- Winners shall be declared on 24th December 2021.
Prize money worth Rs 3,00,000 (INR 3 Lakhs) is the highest ever for a Carol Singing Competition. This year the categories are :
|Prize Money Split
|1st Runner Up
|2nd Runner Up
|Social Media Engagement Video Winner
|Social Media Engagement Video Runner Up
All Prize Money will be subject to TDS at the rate applicable under Income Tax Act.
RTB 2021 will be finally judged by the following distinguished artists from the music industry :
1. Ms. Ranjini Jose – Playback Singer
2. Ms. Anju Joseph – Playback Singer
3. Mr. Sherin Winsten – Co-Founder & COO, BlueTimbre Music LLP, Bangalore.
The Jury for the preliminary round comprises :
Ms. Neenu – RJ, VJ, Singer, Dubbing Artist
Mr. Sachin Siby, Musician
Ms. Serah John – Co-Founder & CEO, BlueTimbre Music LLP, Bangalore.
Media Partners: Flowers TV, Flowers Online, 24 News
Support Partner: MusicPandit
Rules and Regulations
- Anyone who enjoys carol singing can apply for the contest. NO age limitation.
- Teams can be from anywhere across the world.
- Each team should have minimum 5 members and maximum 12 members.
- Team Members may, if they so desire, opt for virtual carol singing on any suitable platform like zoom, so as to maintain social distancing. However, the final video uploaded for the contest should comprise all singers as a team as well as the live instruments used as accompaniment.
- Teams including dressed-up Santa Claus and Angels in it get extra brownie points.
- Each team must have a Name and should identify one team member as Captain.
- All contest-related communication will be shared with the Team Captain, either through Email/WhatsApp.
- Each carol song could be up to a maximum of 12 minutes duration.
- Carols can be sung in English or Malayalam language.
- Movements which are part of the presentation such as hand clapping, foot stomping and body percussion are allowed.
- Participants should have at least one musical instrument accompanying live with the Choir. A larger Instrumental team may kindly be avoided.
- Props and Accessories can be used for the aesthetical feel of the videos.
- Participants will be judged based on dress code, clarity of words, harmony, tune, rhythm, expression, discipline, timing and presentation.
The Registration Process
- Teams can register and submit their videos with effect from 03rd November 2021 until 26th November 2021.
- Registration fee is Rs.500 per video.
- Each team can send any number of carol singing videos (different songs).
- Each video should be submitted as a Google Drive link (without a technical need for the jury to seek permission from anyone to watch the video)
- The registration link is available in RTB website. Personal details of the team, payment details and the video links have to be submitted through this.
- Contestants can pay the Registration Fee to the bank account given below.
- Mode of payment within India can be cash / GPay / NEFT / IMPS
- Contestants who are participating from outside India, can make the payment via Western Union money transfer or using Swift Code to the account given below.
Company Name: POPULAR VEHICLES AND SERVICES LIMITED
Bank account Number: 13805500013930
Bank: FEDERAL BANK LTD
Branch: PALARIVATTOM, COCHIN, KERALA
IFSC Code: FDRL0001380
- Contestants have to upload the details of registration fee payment (screenshot/receipt) along with the video files in the registration form.
- Videos submitted WITHOUT fee payment details would be rejected upfront.
||Rhythm and synchronization
||Mastery of the song and diction
||Musical excellence and Harmony
||Use of Props
||Social media engagement
- All contestants should read the Terms & Conditions given in carol video submission form before submitting your videos.
- All the Covid–19 Protocols by the respective Governments should be followed during the shoot
- The Kuttukaran Group will not be responsible for any breach of Covid–19 Protocol by participating teams and the consequences related to the same.
For more details, visit our website – https://www.kuttukaran.in/rtb/
Follow our social media pages :
Other Terms and Conditions
- The submission of the videos to the Contest will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the contest rules and regulations.
- The amount of Rs.500/- paid as registration fee and submitted along with the online application for Carol Singing competition is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Any copyright/IP violations in the video shall be the sole responsibility of the participant. Neither the Management nor the Staff of the Organizers can be held legally responsible for such issues.
- During the course of the Contest, if any participant is found to be not following the rules & regulations stipulated by the Organizer; or not adhering to the timelines set, the Organizer shall have the full right to reject their candidature and their decision would remain final.
- It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to check his/her mail box (Inbox/Junk folders) regularly for all contest-related updates.
- The Organizer will not be responsible if the Team Captain misses out on checking emails that might carry important updates.
- The decision taken by the Jury or the Organizer during eliminations and while deciding WINNERS of the contest, would remain final.
- The Organizer has the right to change schedule/dates for shortlisting teams and announcing WINNERS of the contest.
- Once submitted, video/s cannot be withdrawn from the contest.
- Once the video/s are submitted for the contest, the ownership and rights on the video/s remain with the Kuttukaran Group and the team/individuals cannot display the video on any other digital media platform without the prior approval from the Organizer.
- The participating team/members shall not make any comments/statements in public (over Visual, Print or Social media) that would negatively affect the Organizer’s reputation. If any such comments/statements are made and if found guilty, the Organizer reserves all rights to take legal action against the participating team/members, apart from eliminating the team from the competition.
- The Organizer reserves the right to upload and exhibit the entry video/s on website(s) or on social media platforms for their marketing and promotional purposes.
- Only selected videos will be intimated by email. No letter of non-acceptance of videos will be sent. All lists will be available on the Organizer’s website.
- Contact details of participants collected as part of the Contest, will be used by the Organizer for future marketing purposes.
If RTB 2020 was a great online spectacle, we the Kuttukaran Group, hope to make RTB 2021 even greater, grander and exciting, not only for the Contestants, but for all carol music lovers across the world. So come, partake in our event and let us all together spread the joy and cheer of one more Christmas and New Year Season.
Best Wishes to all…!!!
Disclaimer : Popular Vehicles and Services Limited is proposing, subject to receipt of requisite approvals, market conditions and other considerations, to make an initial public offer of its equity shares and has filed a draft red herring prospectus (“DRHP”) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India. The DRHP is available on the website of the SEBI at www.sebi.gov.in as well as on the websites of the book running lead managers, Axis Capital Limited, DAM Capital Advisors Limited and Centrum Capital Limited, at www.axiscapital.co.in, www.damcapital.in and www.centrum.co.in, respectively. Investors should note that investment in equity shares involves a high degree of risk and for details relating to such risk, see “Risk Factors” of the RHP/ Prospectus, when available. Potential investors should not rely on the DRHP for any investment decision.